Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Green Peas for Annie
















Annie tried green peas for the 1st time last night and had some mixed emotions about the experience. She has gone through the "cereal regimen" (2 weeks rice cereal, 2 weeks oatmeal cereal & 2 weeks mixed grain cereal), but this was her 1st time eating "real" food...if you don't count the prunes that she has mashed up in her morning bowl of cereal (helps keep her regular, if you know what I mean) or the three tiny bites of masted potatoes she had Sunday evening. I fed her a few bites of cereal like normal and then, being the stealthy creature I am, "snuck" in a small spoon of peas...the picture shows her response. Contrary to the expression in the photo she really seemed to like the first few bites, but then things started to head downhill and anytime I gave her peas instead of cereal she would start to cry...this will probably sound mean, but it was actually quite comical. So we didn't force anything and just called it quits on the peas for the evening, but today at lunch I warmed some more up for her and she happily ate everything in her bowl and was looking for more. I guess it just goes to show you that you should always give things a second chance. We'll see how it goes tonight!

4 comments:

  1. I make a similar expression when peas go in my mouth. I'm glad she has changed her mind and decided she likes them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She can eat all of my peas! I'll happily give them to her! I'm sure Gran will feel the same way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh -- but what will PA say...I knew there would be a comment from Susue! We had peas last night and he was sure happy to take the leftover to work. Now was have to get the "real kind" in Leah -- that is PA's job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If anyone wants to feed Leah peas they are welcome too. I can't stand the way they smell! YUCK YUCK YUCK!!

    ReplyDelete