Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

Morning People

I have never really considered myself a morning person. Don't get me wrong...if there are things that need to be done I've got no problem getting up to take care of them, but if there isn't anything pressing I am the type of person who is quite content to stay in bed until 8 or 9 (yes, I know this isn't very late, but around here it's about as late as you can hope for). Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your disposition) for me the rest of the Thompson house is comprised of morning people. This morning George was the latest sleeper and he was up before 7:30...Annie was laying in bed beside me at 7:00 giggling and hitting me in the face and Levi was out the door headed to work by 6:45. As spring and summer continue to move closer and closer to reality I know the mornings will come earlier and earlier, but my saving grace is that there will also be more and more chores to lure me from the comforts of sleep. Here are a few shots of two of my morning people (Annie still has the remains of her oatmeal breakfast on her face.). Good morning to all!

5 comments:

  1. It can't be too difficult waking up to those beautiful, smiling faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma agrees with Gran -- with those two to wake-up with...nothing could be finer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...don't get me wrong, I am definitely not complaining. I can't think of a better way to wake up than to these two smiling kids, but that doesn't change the fact I would naturally sleep a bit later than the other folks in my house if I didn't have them to wake up with. I would definitely rather get up at the crack of dawn everyday with them than sleep until noon without them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love their smiles! PS Leah slept until 9 yesterday! 8 today and of course I have to work tonight! Oh well! See you this weekend...maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give them a few years Katie..like their teens..and you'll have to put dynamite under their beds to get them out by noon!..
    With those beautiful smiles, it can't be too hard to 'Nice and Shine'..

    ReplyDelete