Memphis' Busy Day
Memphis had quite a busy day on Friday…I guess he wanted to celebrate his 5-month birthday in grand fashion! I let him out, as normal, to eat his breakfast while I finished getting myself and the kids ready to go for our morning walk. About 15 minutes later we went out to meet him in the front yard with his “I’m innocent until proven guilty look” and an open, dumped, chewed up bottle of Tylenol on the ground near him. I cleaned up the pills, about half a bottle… it didn’t appear that any had been eaten or chewed up, but we all loaded up and headed to the vet just to be safe. We left him at the vet’s office around 10:45am and 7 hours later we picked him up to go home. In those 7 hours they induced vomiting, gave lots of subcutaneous fluids, observed his behavior, and ran blood work. Thankfully, there were no signs of pill ingestion in his vomit, behavior or blood work, so we took him home and kept an extra close eye on him over the weekend. Now that it is Monday, I can safely say that Memphis is his normal self (if the word “normal” can be used to describe him!!) and has been since he came home Friday evening. I have absolutely no idea where he found the bottle, but I did notice that it was a very old bottle…it didn’t even have a child safety lid and I can't remember the last time I saw any medicine without one. I am very thankful that he was content just chewing on the bottle and didn't bother with it’s contents. Ahh, life with a puppy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment