Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

A Surprise for George

About three weeks ago Levi and I were watching TV (a rarity) and we saw a preview for the movie Where the Wild Things Are. To say that George is a fan of the original Maurice Sendak book is a bit of an understatement. From the time he was old enough to start picking out which book we would read until he was nearly three, Where the Wild Things Are was chosen at least 50% of the time...I can still recite all ten sentences without picking up the book. So, Levi and I decided to surprise him by taking him to see the new movie on Saturday afternoon. I'll start by saying that George did thoroughly enjoy the movie, but it definitely had a much more complicated plot than the book and was really geared for older (I'd say 10+) kids and adults. There were also a few parts where the theatrical elements made it a bit scary for George, but he did his normal cover the eyes routine and made it through unscathed. I would definitely recommend that anyone who loves the original book see the movie and I think most older kids would be able to fully appreciate it as well, but it was just a little too complex for George. I think his words can sum it up better than mine..."It was good, but I wasn't so crazy about it."

I on the other hand was "crazy about it"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment